Looking for Southwest Florida single family homes for sale is an exciting adventure. Finding your slice of paradise in the Sunshine State comes with its challenges that can be remedied with a plan of attack that should involve research of the neighborhoods you are looking for.
The hunt for single family homes for sale can be an overwhelming experience but it doesn’t have to be. The keys to a successful home buying experience are finding the community you want to live in and selecting a real estate company that has the expertise needed in the area to help you find your dream home.
Read below to help you make a decision on the Southwest Florida single family home you want to buy and choose an area that you feel comfortable living in.
Single Family Lots for Sale
Are you looking for how to buy a lot to build your custom home on? There’s some steps you need to follow to get started:
- Pick your lot. Narrow down your neighborhood that you want to live in that contains single family home lot options.
- Find a real estate agent. Realtors® can help you find a builder and negotiate a price for your lot with custom builders.
- Visualize the home on the lot. Make sure you can see the home of your dreams fitting on the lot and that the footprint fits and isn’t too close to other homes.
- Work with an architect. What views do you want to see and what do you want in a house? These are the conversations to have before blueprints are drawn up.
- Review local zoning laws and regulations. Make sure that the home of your dream fits within the confines of your town’s zoning regulations before you get too far in the process.
- Check deed restrictions and homeowner association rules. Read over rules like this before you buy a lot and start building to make sure you are on board.
- Get a builder’s opinion before you buy. Get some opinions on a lot before you buy it. For instance, find out ahead of time if you have any issues with lot slopes, locations of trees, underground water pipes, etc.
- Are you comfortable with the neighborhood? Do checks at different times of the day and week to make sure you like the neighbors and the activities around the lot you are considering.
- Check for noise and traffic. Make sure you are comfortable with the noise levels and the traffic around the home lot.
- What are the prices of the utilities? If you need to install your own water and sewer pipes or add a septic system, the price of the lot expenses just increased dramatically.
- What kind of loan will you need? A construction loan covers the cost of the building but you may need a land loan and/or a construction to permanent loan, which covers the cost of the lot and the construction.
Homes for Sale in Southwest Florida
A lot of people get overwhelmed after they choose Southwest Florida to move to. Why? There are so many great communities and neighborhoods to choose from. These areas include:
- Naples/Marco Island
- Captiva Island
- Sanibel Island
- Bonita Springs
- Cape Coral
- Fort Myers
Luckily for you, we have an overview of each area below to help you get started!
New Homes for Sale in Naples, FL
There is a variety of new homes for sale in Naples, FL that you can choose from. People come to Naples from all over to enjoy beautiful sunsets on the beach and along the historic Naples Pier.
Naples new homes can be found in all areas of Naples. These include:
NEW CONSTRUCTION GATED COMMUNITIES NAPLES FLORIDA
New construction gated communities in Naples Florida are very popular. People enjoy gated communities because of the following advantages:
- Security in the form of gates and security guards that control visitor access
- Slower vehicle speeds
- Safer for pedestrians
- No solicitation allowed
- Higher property values
- A controlled sense of community
WHAT IS THE BEST PLACE TO LIVE IN NAPLES FLORIDA?
There are so many great places to live in Naples that we can’t give you one answer. But we have some new construction gated communities below to include in your search:
- One Naples
- Regatta Landing in Windstar on Naples Bay
- Kalea Bay
- Grey Oaks
- The Isles of Collier Preserve
- Marquesa Isles
- Mattamy Homes
- Mangrove Bay
- Avalon of Naples
- Naples Luxury Golf Homes
- Windward Isles
- Aviano at Naples Florida
- Hamilton Place
- Marbella Isles
- Bridgewater Bay
- Artesia Naples
- Esplanade at Hacienda Lakes
- Esplanade Golf & Country Club of Naples
- Azure at Hacienda Lakes
HOW MUCH DOES A HOUSE IN A GATED COMMUNITY COST?
Homes in gated communities come at a cost. Typically, homes in gated communities cost an additional $30,000 on average. Keep in mind these homes also come with a ton of amenities.
ARE GATED COMMUNITIES WORTH IT?
Gated communities come with a ton of benefits. You have to weigh your pros and cons. If owning a home in a gated community for extra security is important, then gates communities are most definitely worth it.
NEW SINGLE FAMILY HOMES IN NAPLES, FLORIDA
The benefits of buying new construction single family homes include:
- Move-in ready
- Maintenance costs are low
- Energy efficient for lower bills
- New warranty protection
- Open and modern home design plans
- Communities with amenities like a swimming pool and trails
NAPLES, FLORIDA 55 PLUS COMMUNITIES
Naples Florida 55 plus communities are very popular and have their perks. The communities are designed specifically for ages 55 and older. Perks for these communities include:
- Active communities for people your own age.
- Active lifestyle amenities
- Age restrictions to keep like-minded people with the same interests.
IS MARCO ISLAND A GOOD PLACE TO LIVE?
Don’t forget homes for sale in Marco Island when you are looking in the Naples area. Close to Naples, Marco Island offers waterfront living in an island setting with a variety of restaurants, parks, coffee shops and more!
IS MARCO ISLAND A GOOD REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT?
Marco Island has historically been a great single family home real investment opportunity, with a great waterfront location and property values that are always higher than the national average. Watch your property values rise annually and consider Marco Island for a great place to live, retire and invest in.
WHICH IS BETTER MARCO ISLAND OR NAPLES?
That’s an impossible question and there is no correct answer. We will say that both areas are fantastic and it’s just personal preference. For reference:
- Naples is a true city, while Marco Island is an island with a smaller community feel
- Naples is faster paced while Marco Island has a laid back island feel
Browse our homes for sale in Naples, Florida and Marco Island today.
Single Family Homes for Sale Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island is one of the most desirable places in Southwest Florida to purchase a single family home. You will fall in love with an island that makes you feel like you are on a permanent vacation.
HOW MANY HOMES ARE IN SANIBEL ISLAND?
Sanibel Island is a great place to live and offers a lot of single family home options. There are more than 1,700 single family home units available on the island, with 1,472 owner occupied units.
IS SANIBEL ISLAND GOOD FOR FAMILIES?
Sanibel Island is a great place for families! Sanibel Island has been named the No. 1 family friendly vacation in multiple publications. Sanibel Island offers a bunch of family nature activities including:
- The beach
- Nature parks
- Biking opportunities throughout the island
- World class shelling
Check out Sanibel Island homes for sale today.
Single Family Homes for Sale Captiva Island
Captiva Island is the neighboring island to Sanibel Island and is connected by the Blind Pass Bridge. Captiva Island is smaller, quieter and has beautiful single family homes for sale in a tranquil setting.
IS CAPTIVA OR SANIBEL BETTER?
Captiva Island and Sanibel Island are both great island spots for single family homes. They both, however, have unique qualities that can help you make a decision.
Here are some examples to help you make a decision:
- Sanibel Island has more shelling opportunities
- Captiva Island is smaller and quieter
- Sanibel Island offers miles of biking trails
- Captiva Island has eclectic dining opportunities
Homes for sale on Captiva Island are available for you to see today!
Bonita Springs Homes for Sale
Bonita Springs is the perfect area nestled right in the middle of Fort Myers and Naples. Bonita Springs homes for sale come at a variety of price points and offer some flexibility between waterfront homes and inland single family home lots.
IS BONITA SPRINGS EXPENSIVE TO LIVE?
Bonita Springs is a perfect alternative between a more expensive Naples. It also has property values that are approximately 2 percent higher than the national average, bringing you consistent property value increases.
IS BONITA SPRINGS A GOOD PLACE TO RETIRE?
Bonita Springs has been rated one of the top destinations to retire in America. When you are looking for an excellent retiree area that’s close to the water and reminds you of Small Town America in a Sunshine State palm tree setting, put homes for sale in Bonita Springs on your list.
Homes for Sale in Cape Coral
Did you know that Cape Coral is one of the fastest growing and up and coming cities in America? Nestled perfectly on Florida’s West Coast between Miami and Tampa, it’s sometimes known as Florida’s affordable waterfront wonderland. The community is known not just for being along the Gulf of Mexico but also for having more than 400 miles of canals for boaters looking for a dock with Gulf and Intracoastal Waterway access to go with their single family homes.
IS CAPE CORAL EXPENSIVE TO LIVE?
Not at all. In fact, Cape Coral’s single family home housing costs are approximately 15% lower than the national average. Power and other utility costs, on average, are also more than 10% lower than the national average.
IS CAPE CORAL A GOOD PLACE TO LIVE?
Cape Coral is a great city to live and offers a number of Cape Coral single family home options you can review.
Single Family Homes for Sale in Fort Myers Florida
Fort Myers is high on anyone’s list of communities where single family homes are coveted along the west coast of Florida. The following types of Fort Myers single family home options are always in high demand:
- Fort Myers pool homes
- Fort Myers beach homes
- Two story houses for sale with a pool
- Homes for sale under 500k in Fort Myers
FORT MYERS WATERFRONT REAL ESTATE
A big perk of living in Florida is waterfront real estate, particularly Fort Myers waterfront real estate that includes:
- Fort Myers riverfront homes for sale
- Fort Myers Beach waterfront homes for sale
- Greater Fort Myers waterfront real estate
- Fort Myers canal homes for sale.
Review all the homes for sale in Fort Myers to find your perfect piece of Florida real estate.
Estero Homes for Sale
An up and coming Florida neighborhood, Estero is one of Southwest Florida’s most treasured secrets. Estero has a number of single family homes for sale in a growing community called The Village of Estero. Options in Estero include:
- Estero gated communities
- Luxury homes
- Estero waterfront real estate
Read on to see if Estero homes for sale might be the option for you!
Buy a Single Family Home with Royal Shell Today
Royal Shell Real Estate is the perfect real estate company to utilize when you are buying a home in all the areas listed above in Southwest Florida. We can help you with buying a home in Naples, Sanibel Island, Captiva Island, Fort Myers and more.
Give us a call today at 1-855-242-9926 and contact Royal Shell to find your perfect single family home!